openocd failure

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
BiM_4640481
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am working on Muratta 1LD board.

I am facing the following error. JTAG LED is always ON. This error started occurring when I tried to use sflash_write function for OTA_update.

openocd_log.txt is attached here:

Building apps lookup table
Downloading Bootloader ...
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Downloading DCT ...
"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"
Downloading resources filesystem ... build/snip.httpbin-MurataType1LD/filesystem.bin at sector 1  size 167...
tools/makefiles/wiced_apps.mk:335: recipe for target 'FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD' failed
make.exe[1]: *** [FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD] Error 1
make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed
make: *** [main_app] Error 2

11:27:47 Build Finished (took 5s.565ms)

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes
1 Solution

Go to task manager and kill the openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe process to remove this error

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I don't have access to a 1LD kit right now. So, can't really check the correct LED status.

What do you mean by sflash_write function for OTA_update?

You can use the InstallDriver.exe and check this again. Before capturing the openocd_log,txt, please perform a clean and then attach the openocd_log.txt

0 Likes

Tried InstallDriver.exe application.

sflash_write function for OTA_update means my application want to write a bin file to 1MB onboard flash so that on reset the board should run with the new code. My aim is to check whether OTA update is possible with the 1MB onboard flash

I am not able to perform clean. It also gives the following error

14:55:09 **** Build of configuration Default for project 43xxx_Wi-Fi ****
"C:\\Users\\USER\\Documents\\WICED-Studio-6.4\\43xxx_Wi-Fi\\make.exe" clean
MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=clean OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled
Cleaning...
build\openocd_log.txt - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
Done

14:55:11 Build Finished (took 2s.154ms)

0 Likes

Go to task manager and kill the openocd-all-brcm-libftdi.exe process to remove this error

0 Likes

ok. Thank you

0 Likes