cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Combo

mvpablo
New Contributor II

I'm trying to run the AWS Free RTOS Hello World example for the CYW943907AEVAL1F

So I Followed the instructions here https://www.cypress.com/video/amazon-freertos-101-cywxx907-lesson-4-afr-hello-world

I've Installed

• WICED Studio 6.4
  • MAC OSX 10.15.6.
  • Java 1.8 64bit

Cloned the Free RTOS repository using:  git clone https://github.com/aws/amazon-freertos.git --recurse-submodules

set the WICED SDK path on /etc/profile to the only folder I could find for WICED STUDIO

an the commands perl platform_adjust_make.pl and chmod +x make on the freertos/vendors/cypress/WICED_SDK

Import the demo project

tried to build it and I've got this error

23:26:56 **** Build of configuration Default for project aws_demos ****

/amazon-freertos/vendors/cypress/WICED_SDK/make demo.aws_demo-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP download run

Unknown host

Linux32 uname: ""

Linux64 uname: ""

OSX uname: ""

Win32 uname: ""

I could only found a old post from 2014 that relates this issue to the SDK

Any idea how to solve this issue?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
OsAb_4750191
New Contributor

Hi,

This error appears when the environmental variable, WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH, is not defined. Please set WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/ (default SDK directory).

To do this, in WICED Studio 6.4, go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build ->  Environment.

Hit Add... on the right side of the pane.

Set Name to WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH

Set Value to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/

Hit Ok -> Apply -> Ok

This should fix it. Feel free to let me know if there are further issues. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OsAb_4750191
New Contributor

Hi,

This error appears when the environmental variable, WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH, is not defined. Please set WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/ (default SDK directory).

To do this, in WICED Studio 6.4, go to Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build ->  Environment.

Hit Add... on the right side of the pane.

Set Name to WICED_STUDIO_SDK_PATH

Set Value to /Users/your-username-here/Documents/WICED-Studio-6.4/

Hit Ok -> Apply -> Ok

This should fix it. Feel free to let me know if there are further issues. Thank you for your patience.

View solution in original post

mvpablo
New Contributor II

Many thanks. That solved the issue. !

-Pablo

0 Likes