Why are there references to NetX headers in the LwIP wiced code?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cant compile using the FreeRTOS-LwIP target due to build errors.   Most errors involve including "errno.h" and "stdlib.h" ion various source files.  However the offending file is WICED/network/LwIP/WICED/wiced_network.c  where its using NX_IP structure.

sdk: 3.1.2

host: OSX

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a clarification, removing the block of code causes it to compile correctly.

However, It doesnt really bode well for this code having been tested...

Edit:  no it doesnt. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have run into the same issue, although we don't use LwIP, it was just for a test.

I think the reason is that SDK 3.x was released too early. We keep finding bugs in other places (1, 2, 3) which seems to confirm that.

0 Likes
Félix_T
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins First comment on blog 50 replies posted

We use LWIP but without wiced, only with WWD.  We have a rule about compiling without warnings (with a static analyzer) and so far we have made about 100 changes just to make lwip+wwd compile to our standards.  Most stuff is mixing return types and such, but there have been a few questionable lines of code.

My recommendation is to compile as strictly as possible, and to put #ifdefs around things you notice, to fix them, and not to be shy about fixing things that are just plain wrong.

We've been doing this since SDK-2.3 and migrating forward is less painful every time since we usually merge in our modifications into the new releases.

EDIT: I also brought in LWIP 1.4.1 which is an official release, to replace LWIP 1.4.0.rc1, because why would we use an unofficial released version instead of the latest official release?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

felix_turgeon  I also brought in 1.4.1.  My goal was to compile one of the demo apps that shipped with ThreadX support with LwIP instead because ThreadX errors are undebuggable.  So I need the WICED apis for the moment.

EDIT:  i wonder if theres a process for submitting fixes back to broadcom...

0 Likes