WICED Studio can't be installed on MacOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ericboxer_
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Hi all,

I've been trying to install the latest download of WICED Studio and it seems that I cannot get it installed (MacOS Catalina). I keep getting a message stating "You can't open the [installer] because it may be damaged". I've tried redownloading from both Chrome and Safari and have the same challenge.

Has anyone else experienced this or have been able to get the software installed?

0 Likes
1 Solution
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Please go through Section 4 (Known Issue) point 1 of the Release-Notes-WICED-Studio-6-6-0 and let me know whether it solves the issue or not. You can also have a look at a similar thread WICED OSX installation for your reference.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
YashM
First question asked 250 sign-ins 100 replies posted

Hello

Please go through Section 4 (Known Issue) point 1 of the Release-Notes-WICED-Studio-6-6-0 and let me know whether it solves the issue or not. You can also have a look at a similar thread WICED OSX installation for your reference.

Thanks

0 Likes

Thanks. This mostly worked, I had to cd one level deeper (BM-OSX-WICED-Studio-6.6.0.9-IED-Installer.app) and then everything worked alright.