Unable to dowload application to board with WICED SDK 3.3.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Description:

1.      Name of the Board: WICED Eval board ­ BCM943362WCD4_EVB

2.      Board Revision: 01

3.      Is this issue reproducible in WICED evaluation board: Yes

4.      WICED SDK Version in which the issue is seen: 3.3.1

5.     Step-by-step procedure to reproduce the issue:

./make snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-debug download run
6.     How easy is it to reproduce the issue?: Every time

I get following error from OpenOCD when downloading:

Downloading Bootloader ...

**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****

Downloading DCT ...

**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****

Downloading Application ...

I am using Linux:

Linux linux-VirtualBox 3.2.0-79-generic-pae #115-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 12 14:33:25 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

This works with WICED SDK 2.4.1.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Has anyone faced similar issue? Is there any workaround?

Thanks,

Amit

0 Likes

Have you tried installing the Windows version?

I had 3.1.2 installed and then installed 3.3.1 as an additional project within the same instance of the IDE using this process put together by jaeyoung: How to import a WICED SDK into an existing WICED Eclipse IDE (2)

Both my 43341 and 43362 boards appear to work flawlessly and I can switch between different versions of the SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

WICED SDK 3.3.1 works on Windows. I see the error only on Linux.

0 Likes

Hi Amit ,

there are couple of things, firstly I see in your pasted openOCD log

1)

Linux linux-VirtualBox 3.2.0-79-generic-pae #115-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 12 14:33:25 UTC 2015 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Just to confirm you are not using a virtual machine, if you do then you would have to choose appropriate settings to route your USB port to the virtual machine running linux.

2)

If you machine is running a linux OS , try to check if you USB is detected, if no then you would have to install the FTDI chip driver according to your linux variant.

$ ll /sys/class/tty/ttyUSB*

hth

vik86

0 Likes

Why you not upload your log of OpenOCD which under build/openocd_log.txt ?

Do you use VM to run the Linux ? if Answer is yes! Do you try native install Linux ?

0 Likes