SN8205 Scan application Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have purchased SN8205 module and I can successfully download Scan application into SN8205 module using JTAG Olimex programmer as well as SN8200 Evolution board. I am using Wiced SDK version 2.4.1. I am using below make target.

1) JTAG Olimex programmer:

- snip.scan-SN8205x-debug JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

- snip.scan-SN8205x JTAG=Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H download run

2) SN8200 Evolution Board

- snip.scan-SN8205x download run

Now problem is scan application couldn't start to execute and also couldn't receive debug prints over UART. By debugging this issue I found that program is stuck in "Wiced/platform/common/ARM_cortex_M3/STM32F2xx/stm32fxx_platform.c" file with below line.

"while ( RCC_GetFlagStatus( RCC_FLAG_PLLRDY ) == RESET )

{

}"

I couldn't understand why program is stuck at this line. Please help me to understand this issue.

It would be appreciated if I get any kind of suggestion for this.

Thanks,

Nipam

0 Likes
3 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

nipam.bhavsar

Moving to the Murata support forum and adding the Technical Team at Murata so they can follow up and/or ask me to move this to the WICED Forum.

ghouse  xlin  randerson yfang@murata.com hhyogo dan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This appears to be a firmware question about WICED, so I would move it to the WICED Forum.

Ryan

0 Likes

Hi,

Issue is related to clock setup on stm32F205. At this failure point, the firmware is not attempted to be downloaded yet.

Have you made any changes to hardware or  platform files related to RTC setup or PLL setup?

Clock setup for the platform could be found in .../Wiced/Platform/SN8205x/platform_common_config.h configuration file.

Thanks,

Seyhan

0 Likes