cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Combo

RoDe_1773541
Contributor

The new SDK 3.7.0-3 that was just released states that "Support for Bluetooth Low Power Mode on 4343x platforms" was added.  Does anyone know how to activate low power mode?

Thanks,

-Rob

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee

Rob there is no API call, if you are not performing any activity with BLE the system auto enters into low power.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
VikramR_26
Employee

Rob there is no API call, if you are not performing any activity with BLE the system auto enters into low power.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
RoDe_1773541
Contributor

So, as long as the device is advertising the chip will be in normal power mode?

Thanks,

-Rob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vik86

I do a test for BLE low power on SDK3.7.0-3. But no significant reduction, still higher than 10mA.

Can you provide any examples for BLE low powersave?

0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee

Are you performing any advertisements or any activity with BLE ? Also where are you measuring power ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi vik86

I run example "ble_proximity_reporter". In function "application_start()", called "wiced_enable_powersave()".

I use USI-BM22.

0 Likes
RoDe_1773541
Contributor

I've been told that the Bluetooth system won't enter low power mode if the device is advertising or connected.  But, even then I wasn't able to make the device draw less than 9mA after enabling the bluetooth stack (wiced_bt_stack_init).  I have to call wiced_bt_stack_deinit and then put this code in the bluetooth management callback

switch( event ) 
{     
     /* Bluetooth  stack enabled */     
     case BTM_ENABLED_EVT:          
          application_init();          
          break;     
     case BTM_DISABLED_EVT:          
          platform_gpio_output_low ( wiced_bt_control_pins[WICED_BT_PIN_POWER] );             
          break;
}

-Rob

0 Likes