SDK 3.3.1 Windows installer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

After installing on a Windows 7 system, eclipse won't run:

wiced_error.jpg

0 Likes
8 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

You need to install JRE 64 bit and you should be fine, if not re-install after you install Java.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

After I updated JRE SDK 3.1.2 no longer runs. I'd like to be able to run both versions:

wiced_error2.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If your machine is 64 bit then kindly install the 64 bit version of JRE. If you have a 32 bit machine, then download the 32 bit version of JRE.

Thanks,

Arsh Buch

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the 64 bit JRE. The installer for 3.3.1 won't start when running 64 bit JRE.

If I go back to 32 bit JRE, I can install 3.3.1, but then it won't run. What is going here?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a 64 bit machine but I can't install either version if I use 64 bit JRE.

0 Likes

Can you try uninstalling SDK 3.3.1

Then installing SDK 3.1.2 (it will require the 32b JRE).

Once installed, then use the SDK 3.3.1 .7z files to upgrade the IDE from SDK 3.1.2 (WICED SDK 3.3.1

Several internal users ran into issues with the 3.3.1 installer and this method worked for them.

There are some instructions somewhere that show how to upgrade an existing SDK in this manner.  I will post those once I find them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are the instructions on how to import a new WICED SDK into Eclipse:

How to bring a WICED SDK into Eclipse

Thanks,

Arsh Buch

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did not work, I get this when I try to build the snip.scan:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project MyWicedSDK ****

(Cannot run program "C:\Users\EricA.UBS1\Documents\WICED\WICED-SDK-3.3.1\MyWicedSDK\make.exe": Launching failed)

0 Likes