OpenOCD failed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using USI module WN-BM-14. It is mounted on eval board  WM-N-BM-11 EVT.

I've issues to dowload code through USB

Downloading Bootloader ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running.

i'm using a very simple code "snip scan".

I could run the same code for BCM94362WCD4 : just compiling, plugin USB and done!

Any idea ?

Thanks

Lionel

0 Likes
15 Replies
JoYi_1844281
Level 6
Level 6
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 likes received

Which version EVB you have ?

Did you install the driver ? Could you find it on device manager ?

?

0 Likes

Does USI have same FTDI driver?

0 Likes

Should be same as BCM943362WCD4 with FTDI 2232H !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes USI has FTDI component, but i'm still waiting schematics from USI because there is a JTAG connector on the EVB so i guess we can not use USB to download.

I will reply tomorrow for EVB version and device manager ( i don't have the board with me right now)

I could  see a  a USB com port mounted, but compared to BCM943362WCD4 i do not see "WICED board" but only USB(COM23)

Thanks for you first replies

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lionel,

You can check FTDI EEPROM first by FTDI's FT_Prog v2.6.x. Because FTDI must program as one JTAG

and one COM port. In Windows device manager, you can see a JTAG device and one COM port when you

plug WICED EVB. If you do not see JTAG device, may be EEPROM not program.

If you can see on board JTAG in device manager, please delete WICED/build/openocd_log.txt first and flash

your app by WICED SDK again. You will get a OpenOCD debug message and upload this file to forum.

FYI

0 Likes

EVB V1.2 only have two FTDI 232 port, did not include USB JTAG support, you should use the JTAG header to programming flash.

EVB V2.1 embedded one FTDI 2232H and one FTDI 232, which could USB JTAG programming flash as BCM943362WCD4.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jone,

thanks for your replies.

i have 2 FTDI port FT232RL and i confirm only COM port visible in windows device manager.

i have i have EVB V1.2. I will try JTAG connector directly with ST-link

Lionel

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

adding openocdlog.txt

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reading the 2 USB Port with  FT_PROG  indicates same thing:

Chip type FT232R

Product description FT232R USB UART

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lionel ,

from ur your device manager and FT'prog description, FT2232's EEPROM did not

program. I guess EEPROM is blank. That is why flash failed. I will upload a setting

file and how to document next Monday..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ! Looking forward to hearing news.

Lionel

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lionel,

Please refer to attachment FT_Prog_v2 6 8.pdf and put SSBWMN02.xml in FT_Prog v2.6.8\Templates\  folder.

Use FT_Prog programming tool flash SSBWMN02.xml.

This config file can configure FT2232H as one COM port and one JTAG.

Best regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi forever_din,

Are you sure it can works with FT232R ?

Please note my board  is direct from USI, and same as USI11 (without Apple Copro), this thread on the forum seems to say that we can not use JTAG through USB, but we have to use a separate JTAG connector :

Re: WICED USB JTAG programming not working

Thanks

Lionel

0 Likes

WM-N-BM-11 EVB V1.2 only support external JTAG header ,  USB-JTAG not include in this version H/W

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your replies, this ends the thread.

BR

Lionel

0 Likes