Nuttx of wiced 5.2.1 does not support Arm Cortex - m4..

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jina_4171326
Level 2
Level 2
First like given

i' make just target like below

(1)  "demo.airplay_posix-BCM94343WWCD1-NuttX-NuttX_NS"

--> i got a error like below

WICED/RTOS/NuttX/WWD/WWD.mk:43: *** No NuttX low_level_init function for architecture ARM_CM4.  Stop.

make: *** No rule to make target 'build/demo.airplay_posix-BCM94343WWCD1-NuttX-NuttX_NS/config.mk', needed by 'main_app'.  Stop.

but when i make that same target for board "BCM943909WCD1_3" then it's working well.

(Note : i added "BCM94343WWCD1" board as a Valid paltform in airplay_posix.mk)

Now, when i check "nuttx.org" website then it shows that supported platform

==> ARM Cortex-M4 (with/without floating point unit: ST Micro STM32 F3/F4/L4/L4+)..

so, finally.. i think that it's a issue of wiced then it's not supported that Host controllers or platform..

i hope that have you some solution about it.

Thank you

jignesh narola

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

NuttX support has been deprecated from SDK 5.0 and onwards. Please check Changelog for 5.0 in WS.

When NuttX was supported as a part of WICED SDK, the port was only done for CYW43907 (Cortex R4) and was mentioned in the change log as well. But you are trying to use NuttX for Cortex M4, so for obvious lack of underlying driver support, it fails.

As you have mentioned that nuttx.org has support for cortex-m4, please import the latest source files in WICED/RTOS/NuttX/verx.x (If the wiced port does not have support for m4) and then create a WWD port by referring to the other supported RTOSes.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

NuttX support has been deprecated from SDK 5.0 and onwards. Please check Changelog for 5.0 in WS.

When NuttX was supported as a part of WICED SDK, the port was only done for CYW43907 (Cortex R4) and was mentioned in the change log as well. But you are trying to use NuttX for Cortex M4, so for obvious lack of underlying driver support, it fails.

As you have mentioned that nuttx.org has support for cortex-m4, please import the latest source files in WICED/RTOS/NuttX/verx.x (If the wiced port does not have support for m4) and then create a WWD port by referring to the other supported RTOSes.

nuttx-v7.8 is modified in wiced with compare of original nuttx v7.8.. there is included support for 43907 board..
but now i need to include support for another board.. so, what i need to do.

0 Likes

Please check the way 4390x ( a new host mcu) has been integrated in the NUTTX stack. That should be the starting point for your porting attempt (Since the support is deprecated and scope is limited, I can't provide you with the exact solution).

Your use-case is somewhat different. You may want to use the ST port inside nuttx stack (already present). In NuttX_prepare.mk, you need to include WICED/RTOS/NuttX/ver7.8/arch/arm/include/stm32 and the arch/arm/src/armv7-m in NuttX_src.mk. Also, the relevant src files for your platform is located at WICED/RTOS/NuttX/ver7.8/arch/arm/src/stm32 which you need to compile in NuttX_src.mk

finally..

i need to run airplay_posix in STM32F4discovery based my custom board. which have a  43455 chip.. it's working well with another wifi/ble and peripheral based example. 

so, now i need to just add support for this..

all is ok.. but still need to airplay_posix folder and file at location
"C:\Users\user\Documents\WICED-Studio-5.2\43xxx_Wi-Fi\WICED\RTOS\NuttX\ver7.8\configs\bcm4390x-wcd1_3\airplay_posix"

i got a error for "WICED/RTOS/NuttX/NuttX_src.mk:39: WICED/RTOS/NuttX/ver7.8/configs/stm32f4discovery/airplay_posix/defconfig: No such file or directory" when i make this defconfig file for it then i got another error for "config.h" at a same location..

i'm not able to make that files properly can you help me??

i hope you can do.. bcs you did 2 reply of my questios of this session..

thanks

jignesh narola

0 Likes