Looking for BCM9WCD1AUDIO_3 board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are MFI developer currently working on AirPlay product. We are desperately trying to get a BCM9WCD1AUDIO_3 evaluation board to test out Broadcom chip with AirPlay audio. However the board is not immediately available for purchase (8 week lead time).

If there are anyone who has the board to spare, please contact me and I'd like to buy from you.

Thank you,

Aki

0 Likes
1 Solution

I believe the BCM9WCD1AUDIO_3 comes directly from the business unit as it is not a mainstream product that would be stocked through a distributor.

The way this would work is you would contact your local Broadcom Rep: Manufacturer's Representatives | Broadcom

Discuss with them your application, then if qualified, they would talk to the business unit at Broadcom directly and place the order with the business unit.http://www.broadcom.com/contact/manufacturer_representatives.php

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

I hope you have already contacted your local Broadcom sales representative, Manufacturer's Representatives | Broadcom.

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I contacted one of the reps, and was told that AVnet is the best option - which is 8 weeks lead time.

Hard to believe that it is the best way, but I can't find it anywhere else.

Aki

0 Likes

I believe the BCM9WCD1AUDIO_3 comes directly from the business unit as it is not a mainstream product that would be stocked through a distributor.

The way this would work is you would contact your local Broadcom Rep: Manufacturer's Representatives | Broadcom

Discuss with them your application, then if qualified, they would talk to the business unit at Broadcom directly and place the order with the business unit.http://www.broadcom.com/contact/manufacturer_representatives.php

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We did that. (Contacted Beacon Electronics) And were told that AVnet is out best option.

We do have MFI licence.

Is there any way to be connected to a Broadcom rep?

Aki

0 Likes

Tell Beacon that the people on the Broadcom forums told you that thye may need to work this through the PLM (Product Manager, they will know who this is) as I am not sure Avnet is setup via the distribution pricebook to sell these boards.  The Rep (Beacon) has local contacts at Avnet/Broadcom they can call and confirm this with as well.

0 Likes