Kinetis K60 Support?? Shown on FAQ

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have recently seen that on the WICED WIFI FAQ it shows that the K60 Series of MCUs is now supported by the SDK?  I was not aware of this, is this new?  Does the SDK officially support the K60 series?  I have recently seen several customers that would like this so it is of very significant importance.  Can someone please fill me in on the details here?

Regards,

Frank
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
K60 support was in 2.3.1.

We are currently working on adding support for a broadcom designed WICED module with a K60.

The original platform was based on a hacked up Freescale tower board.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
K60 support was in 2.3.1.

We are currently working on adding support for a broadcom designed WICED module with a K60.

The original platform was based on a hacked up Freescale tower board.

That is excellent news Jason!!  I was not fully aware of that...Thanks Frank
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

I am using a seperate tool (CodeWarrior Flash Programmer) to program the K60 MCU on the TWRK60D100M board

There appears to be an issue with the ELF file generated. On examining the ELF file I note the MCUs flash is erased and programmed from an offset of 8000 onwards, ie. the Vector table,etc at 0x00000 is not getting programmed?!

For comparison and analysis I have attached the following files:
snip_ping_webserver-TWRK60D100M.elf

hello_world.elf  (to illustrate expected Cortex-M4 / K60 flash programming)

snip.ping_webserver-TWRK60D100M_console_log.txt

It appears additional programming of the region from 0x00000 to 0x08000 is required?

Procedure used to build ELF file was to run snip.ping_webserver-TWRK60D100M

WICED SDK version is 2.4.0

I have attached the console output from this build

Any help / insights in this regard would be welcome... 🙂

Thanks

Peter Fenn

PS: When can we expect support for mentioned "Broadcom-designed WICED module with a K60" ?

0 Likes

Ok, have figured-out the flash programming issue: Not obvious from the documentation but BOOTLOADER and DCT elf files needed to be separately programmed to the K60 MCU's flash memory.

ie.

0x00000 waf_bootloader-NoOS-NoNS-TWRK60D100M-SPI.elf

0x04000 DCT.elf

0x08000 snip_ping_webserver-TWRK60D100M.elf

The app now gets as far as SPI interface initialization according to my console screen:

Platform TWRK60D100M initialised

Started ThreadX v5.5

Initialising NetX v5.6

Creating Packet pools

Starting Wiced v2.4.0

WWD SPI interface initialised

Now checking network settings,etc...

Peter

0 Likes