I am opening a connection over Wifi to a remote TCP server and am seeing several problems.I am getting an error 7014 from wiced_tcp_create_socket

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_4318471
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I am opening a connection over Wifi to a remote TCP server and am seeing several problems.

This is with the NetxDuo stack.

First of all wiced_network_up seems to fail randomly (perhaps 1 out of 10 times).

Second when I try to create a socket I sometimes get an error from wiced_tcp_create_socket.

Thirdly, I almost always get errors when I do a wiced_tcp_connect. The error number is 7014.

Finally, I am repeatedly seeing error messages TCP Allocate Failed.

Despite these issues, my application is able to connect to the XMPP server and work sometimes.

Is there something about how it needs to be configured?

0 Likes
1 Reply
PriyaM_16
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

You might encounter error in connecting to the network sometimes but when it fails, we try the connection three times before dropping the request.

The application code can be modified to incorporate logic to reconnect the device.

Generally the tcp_server and client connection goes through nicely for a well connected network.

Please let me know the SDK and chip used in your setup.