How do I debug using command line gdb?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im trying to debug my application using commandline gdb, but some gdb commands dont seem to be supported.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
The WICED development system provides GDB debugging via OpenOCD.

OpenOCD is a gdb server that communicates with GDB via the GDB remote protocol.

Many of the GDB commands that are normally used for debugging local PC programs are not supported when using GDB remote targets.

I strongly suggest you use the far superior debugging power of the Eclipse-based WICED IDE.

Notes for some commonly used gdb commands:

> run         Does not work with WICED because the target is embedded and is always running

> continue  Allows a paused program to continue running

> kill          Has no meaning on an embedded target - the program is always running from flash

> reset      Remote OpenOCD targets dont support this command. Instead use: monitor reset halt

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
The WICED development system provides GDB debugging via OpenOCD.

OpenOCD is a gdb server that communicates with GDB via the GDB remote protocol.

Many of the GDB commands that are normally used for debugging local PC programs are not supported when using GDB remote targets.

I strongly suggest you use the far superior debugging power of the Eclipse-based WICED IDE.

Notes for some commonly used gdb commands:

> run         Does not work with WICED because the target is embedded and is always running

> continue  Allows a paused program to continue running

> kill          Has no meaning on an embedded target - the program is always running from flash

> reset      Remote OpenOCD targets dont support this command. Instead use: monitor reset halt
0 Likes