Error while loading SDK to Mac OS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am very new to Wiced development and just now installed wiced SDK. However I am getting this below error and could not let me build target described in quick start guide section 4. Can anyone please guide me through this?

**** Build of configuration Default for project WICED-SDK-2.4.1 ****

make snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-debug download run

wiced_toolchain_common.mk:187: *** incorrect 'make' used (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make) - please use:  (Windows) .\make.exe <target_string>    (OS X, Linux) ./make <target_string>.  Stop.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Dipen Patel

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it resolved by deleting SDK and eclipse from scratch (from ~Library folder as well). I guess one should also never try to install SDK installer with USB cable plugged into any board using USB to serial driver.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I have it installed successfully...

0 Likes

Does make target work inside IDE and not the command line?  I am not sure I understand your question? If make target does not exist you have to create it.  Just copy and paste an existing one and rename it.

Or are you trying to use command line?

Capture.JPG

It may be easiest to follow this help Blog.

"push2scan" a new and simple snip that starts and stop WiFi scanning

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gangi,

Thanks for the quick replies. I am using IDE and not command line. I have not tried command line yet. I had created Make target as you can see in the original post. I get that error when I double click on that created target in the console in IDE. FYI... I am following quick start guide which comes with wiced SDK. I tried to install sdk again but same error. My SDK installation location is at /Applications/WICED on Mac.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it resolved by deleting SDK and eclipse from scratch (from ~Library folder as well). I guess one should also never try to install SDK installer with USB cable plugged into any board using USB to serial driver.

0 Likes