Enabling #define WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG breaks SDK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a problem with the SDK (3.1.2)  behavior regarding the use of a soft ap and a udp socket as it breaks the wiced_scan_wifi_networks functionality.  So I enabled WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG to see what is happening and rebuilt my app.

This breaks the ability of the soft ap to even start.  The following error is reported on the UART

Could not turn on APSTA

This is generated by the wwd_management_wifi_on() function, and it does not lie, the AP does not start.  Simply undefining the WPRINT_ENABLE_WWD_DEBUG lets the AP start.

Seems simple enough to enable this definition so the internal prints would work, but there must be someplace in the code that the macro expansion breaks something critical.

Has anyone see this and know how to fix it?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

I'm facing similar issues with enabling the the debug probes resulting into system failure. Is there anyone from WICED team here who can comment on it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We recommend downloading SDK 3.3.1 (the latest one) and checking to see if the problem still persists.

Thanks,

Arsh Buch

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dude

I felt like there is problem with stack quite a number of times when I enabled the debug messages.I followed a number of times on on hard fault handlers, but could not conclude any as of now. I might actually give it a try on the new SDK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent a couple of hours trying to install SDK 3.3.1 on Windows 7 and could not get it to build projects.  It is pretty much a disaster, when it starts up it has java failures and it cannot build its own libraries so that you can even add projects.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

having same issue as brad.ree@nortek.com mentioned.

0 Likes