Configuring SSID and Password without hardcoding

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am using Murata's SN8200x wifi module and WICED-SDK-2.4.0. The module acts as STA client. I need to configure SSID and password of my wireless router in module on the run without hardcoding them in the code. Also I should be able to change them as required without reflashing.

I am aware there is a wiced_configure_device() function which make module as AP initially to allow us to set the ssid and password.

But this seems to be inefficient. If there are many modules, connecting to each module and setting the details is tiresome.

Can you suggest a way to do this efficiently ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you considered WPS?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ndutton,

That's a good idea. But it poses requirements on router for WPS facility. Sure I will explore on WPS.

I would also appreciate some more suggestions.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are other options if I understood better what you were trying to achieve, but I am sure you dont want to publish your secrets in the forum so please feel free to message me directly.

nick (at) ack (dot) me

0 Likes
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Is it possible to do this they way we do it with the console app?

> join SSID wpa2 12345678

And change it when needed?

Let me know if you need more details on this? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

WiConnect supports *both* PIN & PBC modes…

If you type help at the WiConnect prompt followed by the action you will find WiConnect has a built in help feature.

By example

> help wps

Usage   : wps [<PIN code>/<\0>] [timeout in seconds] [stop]

Shortcut: wps

Brief   : Runs Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) to enable the wlan interface to connect with an Access Point. PIN and push-button (PBC) modes are supported, PBC mode is default. To specify a timeout for PBC mode, use \0 as the first argument

WICED Wi-Fi ForumsACKme Networks

GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Hello,

Is this still an issue for you?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. I am using wiced_configure_device() itself. Thank you