CYW43907: What is the power consumption of the R4 Core @ 320Mhz when not using the radio?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

What is the power consumption of the R4 Core @ 320Mhz when not using the radio?

I will be doing a lot of work with the R4 in active mode and only transmitting packets every 5 to 10 seconds.  I can't find an spec on the core active power consumption.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution

mifo​ Thanks for pointing out the correct sections.

Hey mroberts_arrow

The number you are looking for 2.4 GHz : 302900 uA and for 5 GHz: 312000 uA.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

mroberts_arrow

Please check the power consumption numbers as mentioned inCYW43907/CYW54907 Product Guide. Assuming you have already gone through the power document and still could not find the use-case, you can always measure the power by programming your sample application in the EVK. Please let us know if you face any difficulty in that.

0 Likes

I couldn't find any specs for the R4 active current without the radio.  So you are saying to measure an eval board. That the R4 core current is not spec'd.  That will give me a typical number for 1 board.  Not a good number to choose the correct power supply or battery for a worst case situation in the field.

0 Likes

mroberts_arrow

The R4 core current numbers are specified in the datasheet (CYW43907 Data Sheet (2.4/5GHz, 802.11b/g/n with Embedded ARM Cortex-R4 Application Processor) ) if you check Table 38-39. If you want to check your specific use-case, my suggestion was to measure the same across R41, R55 as mentioned in Low Power Current Measurements Using CYW943907AEVAL1F .

0 Likes

Radio Off value at both 2.4 and 5GHz per below correct rroy​?

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

OK.  I saw those tables.  Can you tell me, from those tables, what is the current consumption of the R4 core @ 320Mhz active mode @ 3.6V with the radio off?  That is all that I am looking for.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes

mifo​ Thanks for pointing out the correct sections.

Hey mroberts_arrow

The number you are looking for 2.4 GHz : 302900 uA and for 5 GHz: 312000 uA.

I will use those values even though they are with the TX radio on, but I hope that you can understand that there no spec for the Apps processor by itself with no radio. 

0 Likes