[CYW43907] MCU JTAG Connect Fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
yokic_3963861
Level 1
Level 1

MCU : CYW43907 (SB-WBM-N07P1_pEVB)

DBG : J-Link

JTAG : JTAG

Clock : 4MHz

CYW43907 JTAG for the first time with the device, there is the same error as the picture below.

JTAG first changed to SWD later and changed to JTAG,

I tried Clock and tried changing from 4M to 1000K.

It is the same symptom.

J-Link Command, and OZone are in the same state.

Could you tell me why?

image.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
yokic_3963861
Level 1
Level 1

I got cause and answer in a totally different direction.

I did not know the answer here,

It does not disappoint, however.

But FAE and agency that support me think there is a problem.

This will end my question.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Please follow the instructions mentioned in the txt file as attached in Flash CYW43907 with Segger standard tools (J-Flash, J-Flash Lite, Command Line) and you should be able to connect to CYW43907.

0 Likes

I use Segger standard tools(JLink PLUS Compact),

I am following the guide, but I am talking about the problem that JTAG does not stick.

As you can see from the message above

'****** Error: Cortex-A / R (connect): Failed to temporarily halting CPU for reading CP15 registers.' This message is probably the biggest problem.

TRST, CPU_nRst, and so on,

I tried both SWD mode and JTAG.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

It should work in JTAG mode. I am going to re-iterate the steps needed to setup CYW43907 to be programmed through standard Segger tools. I am attaching my folders and the xml here. Kindly replace that and check in your setup whether you are still hitting the assert.

BTW the command is Jlink.exe -device CYW43907 -if JTAG -speed 4000 -jtagconf -1,-1 -autoconnect 1

I attached the configuration file and the CYPRESS device file well. First of all, JTAG does not change

as shown below.

\pastedImage_0.png

However, when I set it as SWD, I checked the error message as shown in the screen below.

pastedImage_1.png

I Think.. There is no solution.

0 Likes

I am still unable to reproduce the issue. For me, I am able to successfully connect to CYW43907 through JTAG (there is no SWD support)

javascript:;pastedImage_0.png

Could you please double check whether you have copied flashloader_CYW4390x_QSPI.elf to Devices/Cypress/ of your J-Link tool properly?

0 Likes
yokic_3963861
Level 1
Level 1

I got cause and answer in a totally different direction.

I did not know the answer here,

It does not disappoint, however.

But FAE and agency that support me think there is a problem.

This will end my question.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have the same problem, if the SPI flash is programmed, it will not have the problem, if erased the flash, it will have the "Failed temporarily halting CPU for reading CP15 regirsgters".

How did you fix the problem?

Thanks!

0 Likes

Did you ever solve this issue. We are experiencing the same error on our custom moard

0 Likes