Broadcom 4334x CCX compliance with Linux stack?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm not sure where to ask this question, so I'll start here.  Please suggest a different forum if appropriate.

The BCM4334x (x=0,1) data sheets list Cisco CCX compliance.  Is that with the WICED stack or does it also apply to available Linux drivers supported by Broadcom?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The BCM43340/1 firmware is compliance with the CCX but the application level support is not available on Wiced SDK nor Wiced Linux.

Seyhan

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The BCM43340/1 firmware is compliance with the CCX but the application level support is not available on Wiced SDK nor Wiced Linux.

Seyhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, but that doesn't really make sense.  Please help me understand the data sheet claims of CCX compliance.  CCX includes several of the IEEE802.11 specifications, such as 802.11i, k, r, x.  Are those implemented in the supplied Linux stack?  How else is the claim supported?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Recall that the chip datasheet you are referencing represents a superset compared to the WICED and Linux offerings for the same device.

Cisco CCX, while enabled in the HW, is not supported in SW by either the WICED or Linux offering for the same device.

seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So now I'm really confused.  Most of CCX lives in the SW, almost nothing in HW.  The data sheet says the "Reference Design" supports CCX.

Anyone I can talk to at Broadcom to understand this better and get contacts with companies that provide the rest of the supporting SW?  This is for an application that requires interoperability with Cisco systems and the customer demands compliance.

Thanks!

Bill

0 Likes

Please engage with your local Broadcom sales or one of our regional Distributors

I was told that while this feature may have been supported at some point with custom HW/SW based on the BCM4334X, it is not supported today on the WICED or Linux offerings that are represented and supported here on the community website.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks -- to date, your distributors have not been very helpful on this (you've been much more so).  Can I talk with anyone directly in Broadcom?

0 Likes