BCM4390 hardware features

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FrAh_1601116
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a few questions about the BCM4390 hardware platform:

1. Are there any limitations on how I can combine the UART1/2/3/4 and SPI1/SPI2 peripherals? The general information as well as the datasheet I have (under NDA) describes those as discrete hardware blocks but the sources in the SDK makes me believe that UART1/SPI1 share PTU1, and UART2/SPI2 share PTU2. Can the UART and SPI functionalities still operate independently?
  2. It seems like UART4 is only available when the Wifi subsystem is powered up. Is this correct? I also suspect that trying to operate UART4 before booting the wifi subsystem makes the wifi subsystem prone to crash when initialized later.
  3. Is it possible to disable JTAG debugging and/or otherwise secure the device from readout/alternation?

Best regards,

Fredrik

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

The 4390 you have is not available to everyone, it is only available to select partners.  For this reason support for this part is outside the scope of this Forum.  You should contact SPIL for support or the distributor who provided this to you.  Feel free to send me a private message to discuss more.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Which 4390 Hardware are you using? 

0 Likes

I'm using the SPIL SB-WM-N04 SiP on a custom board, and SB-WM-N03 on a EVM.

Thanks,

Fredrik

0 Likes

Okay, I assume you are not going to answer this. Is there a more complete reference manual (document number?) I shall request through my distributor?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

Please check with your distributor for the datasheet.

Seyhan

0 Likes

Hello,

The 4390 you have is not available to everyone, it is only available to select partners.  For this reason support for this part is outside the scope of this Forum.  You should contact SPIL for support or the distributor who provided this to you.  Feel free to send me a private message to discuss more.

0 Likes