how to build fw_bcmdhd.bin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I user fw_bcmdhd.bin in this post Quick Start with iMX6 Ultralite EVK and Mass Market Modules​​​  it work; but I use wiced sdk "make snip.xxx-BCM943362WCD4" get xxxx.scan-BCM943362WCD4.bin ,it not work.

How to build the bin like "fw_bcmdhd.bin"?

0 Likes
1 Solution
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The fw_bcmdhd.bin is the firmware binary for the Radio chip(43362). The one you got from wiced-sdk(xxxx.scan-BCM943362WCD4.bin) is the application binary. The firmware binary that you are looking for is located at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources/firmware/43362 , in wiced-sdk .

Then again there will be differences between resources of the two binaries. You could use the strings and hexdump commands to find analyse the two binaries and diff them to find the differences. You could also use binwalk tool for a deeper analysis of the binaries.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi,

The fw_bcmdhd.bin is the firmware binary for the Radio chip(43362). The one you got from wiced-sdk(xxxx.scan-BCM943362WCD4.bin) is the application binary. The firmware binary that you are looking for is located at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources/firmware/43362 , in wiced-sdk .

Then again there will be differences between resources of the two binaries. You could use the strings and hexdump commands to find analyse the two binaries and diff them to find the differences. You could also use binwalk tool for a deeper analysis of the binaries.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

I know the firmware binary has no source code that can not be compiled.

0 Likes