is it possible to convert 12 bit raw data into YUY2 in FX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys,

I am now working on a FX3 board, this board is connected to 2 sensors, it's meant to get image data from them in a synchronous way, then output data to host via UVC.

Since this is a UVC app, so I use AN75779 as a reference, and make some amend to the sample code for AN75779.

The sensor is aptina AR0130, can only output 12-bit raw data. Since raw format is unidentifiable for host video application like Amcap, so I need to convert it to YUY2 before transmitting to host. I study the doc&code for some time, it seems this conversion process can only be inserted into CyFxUvcApplnDmaCallback. After the conversion code is added, however, it looks like the entire application stops outputting any UART message, or the app just crashes. it seems heavy overhead is not allowed in CyFxUvcApplnDmaCallback.

I realize this FX3+AR0130 probably can't output YUYV to host directly, is it right?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Hemanth,

Thanks for your reply.

The conversion from raw data to YUY2 will cause too much compuatation, this is why it can't be implemented on FX3, right?

Alternatively, I can use other sensors which can support YUY2 output instead of simply raw ouput, this will make the processing on host unnecessary.

Regards,

Michael

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

The AN75779 reference code doesn't convert the RAW data to YUY2 format not we do have any reference code to do the same.

But what can be done is:

- You can report the image format as YUY2 in the UVC format descriptors (even though the stream is of RAW format). By doing so, the UVC driver will not drop the data and your Host application can get the data.

And then, after you get this data in the Host application, you can process it and covert into displayable format.

Hope this is clear.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Hemanth,

Thanks for your reply.

The conversion from raw data to YUY2 will cause too much compuatation, this is why it can't be implemented on FX3, right?

Alternatively, I can use other sensors which can support YUY2 output instead of simply raw ouput, this will make the processing on host unnecessary.

Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Michael,

Yes you are correct.

Regards,

Hemanth

Hemanth
0 Likes