how to generate bulkin and bulk out endpoints in control center along with the UVC class added in slaveFifo firmware which is interfaced with FPGA in FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello everyone,

We are doing slavefifo intrface with the Fpga ,we want add the UVC Class . our requirement is to keep the UVC Class To fetch data from FPGA And one end point which is bulk OUt(for sending the data from pc to fx3) in the Control center .

can any one did this please help me .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello Veerendra,

I have attached the modified descriptor file and the uvc.c file for endpoint handling. I have created a DMA channel between USB and CPU and discarded the buffer as it is received. You can modify this to suit your application.

For the first time, the vendor interface comes under 'Unknown Devices' section and the device should be manually bound to CYUSB3 driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
33 Replies
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello Veerendra,

You cannot use the UVC class endpoint in the Control Center. But, you can define additional endpoints in a separate vendor interface and access them using the Control Center. This can be used to send custom vendor data to the FX3 from the PC host but not the UVC video data.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hi srnt,

ok when we added the UVC class to slavefifosync  interfaced with fpga i want one bulk out endpoint in the control center so i can send some data to fx3 back from pc i have attached the the slave fiffo interfaced with fpga please help me to  add uvc along with one end point in the control center using custom vendor class.

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt,

I am adding the uvc descriptors to above attached code but its showing makefile error.

please help me to add the uvc class to above code without effecting to the vendor class operations.

thanks regards

veerendra.

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

Please use the UVC class example as the base and add the vendor interface to the same since the UVC class specific requests would be handled in the example.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt ,

I tried to add the descriptors  to UVC class example but not enumerating.  I got struck in this and i am not getting how to change if  i changed something programing fail is coming and some times end pints are not enumarating we want just one out end point in control center for now.please help me to sort out this .i have attached the USB video class example please checkout once. !

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

I have attached the modified descriptor file and the uvc.c file for endpoint handling. I have created a DMA channel between USB and CPU and discarded the buffer as it is received. You can modify this to suit your application.

For the first time, the vendor interface comes under 'Unknown Devices' section and the device should be manually bound to CYUSB3 driver.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

123.jpg1234.JPGhi srnt,

I tried with your modified files in the above USBvideo class example no endpoints enumerated in        control center and imaging device also not enumerated  .i have attached the images .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

I have shared the entire project folder along with the IMG files. Kindly, test it again and let me know.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt,

I tried with Img file which you have attached in above zip file .Device is not at all recognized by the Device manager . I have attached the Image of device manager you can check.

devicemanager.JPG

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

I have modified only the SuperSpeed related descriptors in the firmware. Kindly, use a USB3.0 cable and a USB3.0 port and check it.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt,

I am using USB 3.0 itself  .  And can we  need to modify the drivers also  or nor?

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

Please let me know what you mean by 'modify the driver'. Do you mean to develop a driver or bind to a different driver?

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt,

modifying driver mean GUID we need to change to bind vendor class so  again in the drivers we need change or need to add the one more GUID i want conformation about this.

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello Srnt ,

when i tried with img file attached in the zip file  its enumerating as usb video device when i used img file which is present in the release but in the debug img nothing is enumerating.

and one thing conform me after adding the custom vender class endpoints enumerate in control center or same in the video class .

best regards

veerendra 

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

I have attached the screenshot of the device manager when I use the IMG file from the debug folder. This would work only when the device is operating at SuperSpeed. So, kindly, use a USB3.0 cable and ensure the device is connected to USB3.0 port on the host PC.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt,

thanks for your suggestion . actually we are using usb 3.0 itself but it is falling down to usb2.0

i am not getting why . can you just configure for usb2.0 and let me know the descriptors.

And one thing conform me which drivers i need use . modified  .inf file with class image  or class USB

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

Please find the attached project and the IMG files.

This works on both USB 3.0 as well as USB2.0.

Best regards,

Srinath S

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt ,

i am getting like as below .DEVICEmanager.JPG

thanks regards

veerendra.

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

Look for a device under the 'Other Devices' section with the VID/PID used in the firmware.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt'

Same not enumerating the device  please check the image.

otherdevice.JPG

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt ,

when i saw the image you have attached the device enumeration under camera  not as imaging Device have you modified the drivers .

one more thing  .

is it possible to enumerate out endpoint in UVC video class itself . if it is possible  help me please .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

- In Windows 10, the device gets listed under the "Camera" devices. I have not modified the drivers. In fact, I am using the Microsoft provided drivers for the camera device.

- In order to use the Cypress Control Center to access the endpoints, the UVC class cannot be used. That is the reason I have implemented in Vendor class.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt ,

I dint find drivers for windows 10  can you just attach the drivers please it will be helpful.

I checked in the windows 10  once enumerated as camera but other device is not enumerated. once again i tried that neither camera nor other device nothing is enumerating in device manager  could you please help me to sort out .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i get those drivers it will be helpfull i didn't get any drivers related to windows 10

and some times if run  with img file which you have attached i am getting as below . please let me know how i have to proceed .

device manager.bmphello srnt,

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

For camera device, the driver is available with Windows OS. For vendor class, forcefully bind the device to CYUSB3 driver that comes with the FX3 SDK.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi srnt ,

can you just elaborate little bit is if i uninstalled cypress drivers its showing the west Bridge   warning.

i am enabling to solve it .

also can you just tell me above windows 10 or below 10 it will support or not?because we are using (windows XP  windows 7 and latest one is windows 10.1 pro) and what we have to do to support with all OS's

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt,

i want one more clarification  you programed fx3 using control center itself then how come its shows in the other devices with yellow mark it have to come under the usb controller category i.e Universal serial bus controller  some where i am missing some steps so in our pcs its not working i think .  i am confused what to do please do some thing so it can bind .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt,

please help me i am stuck in this please.

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

Please follow the below steps.

1. Right click on the device and choose "Update Driver Software"

2. Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

3. Choose "Let me pick from alist of device drivers on my computer"

4. Click on "Have Disk"

5. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\<OS_Version>\<OS_Architecture> and point to the CYUSB3.INF file

6. From the list of devices displayed, choose "Cypress FX3 Example 1" and click on OK.

Now, the device comes in the Cypress USB Control Center and you can define and use vendor commands to communicate with the device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt,

Untitled.jpg

I tried  with above procedure  i got like as in the above image  . its not enumerating.

please help to solve this

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello srnt,

please its a request do something to solve it .

best regards

veerendra

0 Likes

Hello Veeredra,

I have explained the steps that I perform to bind the device to driver. I am not sure what is going wrong at your end. In the last interaction that you have posted, the camera device is also not enumerating. Please re-check your firmware before loading into the device or use the firmware that I shared earlier.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello Veerendra,

I have attached the Release build version of the firmware. Kindly, check using this.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes