c# video app

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
OfOr_1738446
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello,

I wrote a C# application co interface with my Cypress FX3 camera.

To see the video stream, i'm using Aforge and for the command I use the using CyUSB library.

Do you have a sample code in C# that I can play the video instead of Aforge?

Thanks,

Ofer.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Ofer,

As per the description, it seems that the application you are working on is non UVC application. Is that right?

Please let me know about the functionality of the application you built.

If you want to stream the video using Cypress driver please refer to this thread FX3 / CX3 Firmware for Streaming RAW Image Data using Cypress Driver

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Ofer,

As per the description, it seems that the application you are working on is non UVC application. Is that right?

Please let me know about the functionality of the application you built.

If you want to stream the video using Cypress driver please refer to this thread FX3 / CX3 Firmware for Streaming RAW Image Data using Cypress Driver

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
OfOr_1738446
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hello Rashi,

My application is both UVC and non UVC.

For the image stream i'm using the UVC driver and for my commands I use the Cypress Example Device 1 with the CyUSB library in my C# code.

2 Questions:

1. Can I use my commands in the UVC application without using the CyUSB?

2. Do you have sample code in C# to stream data with standard UVC that doesn't use a library from someone like Aforge?

All the best,

Ofer.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello Ofer,

Apart from the standard video controls, UVC 1.1 and above specification,extension unit provides additional controls based on user requirements

The Extension Unit allows vendor-specific features to be added, much like standard USB Vendor Requests. In this design, the Extension Unit is empty but a sample design is implemented and it can be enabled to get or set the device firmware version. If the Extension Unit is utilized, the standard Host application will not see its features unless the Host application is designed to recognize them

We do not have C#  host application which meets your requirements but a sample Host application (C++ application) is attached in this response to get or set the device firmware version. You can design your own extension controls and Host application to query these controls.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes