break does not work after upgrading to FX3 SDK 1.3.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jowac_1171871
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins First like given 10 replies posted

I have been using Cypress EZ USB Suite with CYUSB3014 and a J-link debugger for years without any major problems.

But recently I upgraded the tool to FX3 SDK v1.3.4, after this I can't break the execution or set any breakpoints after the execution has started.

If I press the suspend button, the button gets disabled but nothing else. I have to press stop in the console window to be able to restart the execution.

I'm not sure if this problem appeared immediately after the upgrade, but I think so.

Are there anyone that recognize this and have a solution?

BR / Joakim

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

Yes there is a issue with the suspend button in FX3SDK 1.3.4. You can use old Eclipse SDK 1.3.3 with the new libraries (1.3.4) for proper JTAG debugging.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav Garg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
abhinavg_21

Hi,

I tried JTAG debugging with the SDK 1.3.4 and it is working fine for me. You can try with "Bulksourcesink" firmware example and check if there is any issue.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes
abhinavg_21

Hi,

Yes there is a issue with the suspend button in FX3SDK 1.3.4. You can use old Eclipse SDK 1.3.3 with the new libraries (1.3.4) for proper JTAG debugging.

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav Garg

0 Likes