cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB superspeed peripherals

SureshJ
New Contributor

Hi,

1.Please confirm whether the AC capacitors are required between the Type-C connector and the MUX (PI5USB30213AXEA) input on TX lines.

2.Shall i keep the VCONN pin floating in the PI5USB30213AXEA MUX IC. Please confirm.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Suresh,

Please refer to the following KBA:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Designing-Type-C-products-based-on-EZ-USB-...

The above KBA has reference schematics (of the type C section) for FX3/CX3 based type C products. Based on your requirement (receptacle or plug), you can refer to the appropriate schematics and use it for your design.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Suresh,

Please let us know which product that is used as the USB 3.0 controller. Is it FX3 (CYUSB3014)?

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
SureshJ
New Contributor

Dear Jayakrishna,

We are using CX3 ( CYUSB3065). Please let me know if you need any other details.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Suresh,

Please refer to the following KBA:

https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Designing-Type-C-products-based-on-EZ-USB-...

The above KBA has reference schematics (of the type C section) for FX3/CX3 based type C products. Based on your requirement (receptacle or plug), you can refer to the appropriate schematics and use it for your design.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SureshJ
New Contributor

Dear Jayakrishna,

From the link that you have provided, i hope that AC capacitors are needed on the TX lines.

Coming to my second question, VCONN is left floating in your reference schematic ( receptacle ) as well. So, I hope that we can leave VCONN in floating state. It should not create any issues. Please confirm once.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Suresh,

Yes, your understandings are correct. Also, please check if your MUX internally has a re-driver. If it has a re-driver inside it, then please use AC caps on input and output of the MUX as shown in section 3 of the KBA mentioned before.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes
SureshJ
New Contributor

Dear Jayakrishna,

Coming to my second question, VCONN is left floating in your reference schematic ( receptacle ) as well. So, I hope that we can leave VCONN in floating state. It should not create any issues. Please confirm once.

Regards,

Suresh

0 Likes
JayakrishnaT_76

Hello Suresh,

Yes, you can leave it floating as shown in the KBA.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes