SSC disable in "Fx3BootAppGcc" project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
EliW
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I want the FX3 to Boot in bootloader mode so I'm using "Fx3BootAppGcc" project, I also want him to boot in SSC disable.

I'm trying to add the function "CyU3PUsbSSCDisable();" to the file "usb_boot.c"

Just before calling the function "CyFx3BootUsbConnect (CyTrue, CyTrue);"

When I try to build the project I get the next error:

11:04:14 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project Fx3BootAppGcc ****

cs-make all

'Building target: Fx3BootAppGcc.elf'

'Invoking: ARM Sourcery Windows GCC C Linker'

arm-none-eabi-gcc  ./cyfx_gcc_startup.o ./gpio_test.o ./i2c_test.o ./main.o ./spi_test.o ./test_uart.o ./usb_boot.o ./usb_descriptors.o    -T"../cyfx3.ld" -nostartfiles -Xlinker --gc-sections -Wl,-Map,Fx3BootAppGcc.map -Wl,-d -Wl,-elf -Wl,--no-wchar-size-warning -Wl,--entry,Reset_Handler "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\/firmware/boot_fw/lib/cyfx3_boot.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\/arm-none-eabi/lib/libc.a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\ARM GCC\/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.1/libgcc.a" -mcpu=arm926ej-s -mthumb-interwork -o "Fx3BootAppGcc.elf"

./usb_boot.o: In function `myUsbBoot':

usb_boot.c:(.text.myUsbBoot+0x10c): undefined reference to `CyU3PUsbSSCDisable'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

cs-make: *** [Fx3BootAppGcc.elf] Error 1

11:04:15 Build Finished (took 737ms)

Can you help me add the function to this project and understand why the build doesn't work?

I attached the project that I'm trying to build.

Thanks,

EliW.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Eliw,

The project Fx3BootAppGcc makes use of boot library and not firmware library. It is not possible to use boot library and firmware library together in a project. The API CyU3PUsbSSCDisable () is defined inside firmware library and a corresponding API does not currently exist in boot library.

You can refer to the definition of the API in the source file cyu3usb.c to make the necessary changes inside the file cyfx3usb.c and build the boot library for your requirement.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi Eliw,

The project Fx3BootAppGcc makes use of boot library and not firmware library. It is not possible to use boot library and firmware library together in a project. The API CyU3PUsbSSCDisable () is defined inside firmware library and a corresponding API does not currently exist in boot library.

You can refer to the definition of the API in the source file cyu3usb.c to make the necessary changes inside the file cyfx3usb.c and build the boot library for your requirement.

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes