ISO audio MIC example "cyfxuac" does not work

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

The ISO example "cyfxuac" (as MIC, send SPI WAV content via USB) does not work (on Windows 10):
it enumerates quite properly (with errors in descriptors) - the audio recording device is there, but
there is NOT any ISO transmission of audio packets.

There are some issues in descriptor - but even fixing it - no ISO packet transmissions:
a) "Maxpacket size for EP0:" should be 64 (0x40 for high-speed device) instead of 0x09
     (it is not a power of 2, as 2 power 9, it should be the number in bytes, the comment is misleading,
     bMaxPacketSize for EP0 can be only: 8, 16, 32 64 - not 9)
b) OK, 96 bytes a bInterval = 0x03 = 500 micro-sec. (makes sense, even I would assume 192 bytes every 1 ms)
    but with USB 2.0 the alternative descriptor sets 192 bytes with 125 micro-second interval. Why? (cannot be right)
    (should it be 192 bytes every 1 ms interval, and bInterval for USB 2 should be always set to 1?)
    If I understand the comment: 4 frames with 96 bytes, every 4 microframes - for 48 KHz, 2x16bit it would be just 2 frames,
    but the bInterval is set for 4 micro-frames (does not seem to match).

How to make this example working?

BTW: instead of reading from SPI flash - how to flash a WAV file into it? (as a WAVFile.img and control center?)
I fill the spiBuffer with samples of a sine period. But Windows 10 does not get any ISO packet, there is no audio in.
Using USBlyzer shows me also that no ISO packets are sent.

Best regards
Torsten

0 Likes
1 Reply
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Torsten,

Could you please tell which version of FX3 SDK are you referring to? Is it version 1.3.3?

I am attaching the cyfxuacdscr.c file for your reference. 

In the High-Speed device descriptor CyFxUsb20DeviceDscr[ ], Maxpacket size for EP0 is 0x40.

In the Super-Speed device descriptor CyFxUsb30DeviceDscr[ ], Maxpacket size for EP0 field is set to 0x09. This is according to the UVC 3.1 Spec ( Table 9-11. Standard Device Descriptor). Maxpacket size for EP0 in 3.0 is 2^9=512 bytes

In the Endpoint descriptor for ISO streaming Audio data of CyFxUsbHSConfigDscr[ ], Transaction size is 96 bytes per frame and bInterval is 0x03.

You can write a WAV file into SPI flash by choosing SPI Flash in the Program option of Control Center.

0 Likes