I want to save or load data in external spi flash memory which is used as boot loader in fx3.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gyle_4646071
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I am Lee.

I use 16bit Data Bus GPIF at FX3 chip and FX3 is connected W25Q32JV as spi boot loader memory.

I want to save or load user data without touching the boot image area.

1. How do I check the boot image size in cypress EZ USB suite ?

Then, is there any problem with using parts other than that size area?

Can I use this example?

https://korea.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/ez-usb-fx3-usb-spi-dma-mode-example

3. Is there any problem if I receive'output.image' through communication after booting USB and write it back to the boot area?

Wait for your answer.

thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Lee,

1. How do I check the boot image size in the cypress EZ USB suite?

>> You can check the size of the image (.img) file which will be stored in the SPI flash. For example, if the firmware image size (boot image) is 150 KB. The user data can be written from the SPI flash location after 150 KB.

>> Please refer to this KBA Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...  for selecting SPI flash compatible with FX3

2. Can I use this example?

>> Yes, SPI DMA mode example can be used to read/write from/to SPI flash using Control Center application

3. Is there any problem if I receive'output.image' through communication after booting USB and write it back to the boot area?

>> I didn't understand the question. Please restate the question.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rashi_Vatsa
5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello Lee,

1. How do I check the boot image size in the cypress EZ USB suite?

>> You can check the size of the image (.img) file which will be stored in the SPI flash. For example, if the firmware image size (boot image) is 150 KB. The user data can be written from the SPI flash location after 150 KB.

>> Please refer to this KBA Selection of SPI Flash Compatible with FX3/CX3/FX3S/FX2G2/SD3/SD2 and the Recommended Cypress SPI Fl...  for selecting SPI flash compatible with FX3

2. Can I use this example?

>> Yes, SPI DMA mode example can be used to read/write from/to SPI flash using Control Center application

>> I didn't understand the question. Please restate the question.

Regards,

Rashi

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes