GPIF 16-bit VS 32-bit maximum performance

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KePa_4784036
Level 3
Level 3
First like given First solution authored 25 sign-ins

Hi Cypress Team,

The question is about the GPIF-to-USB Performance on an AUTO DMA Channel section in the AN86947 - Optimizing USB 3.0 Throughput with EZ-USB® FX3 document.

I found it very helpful to verify the transfer throughputs results from the different configurations. However, on my end, I'm currently working with a board that has a GPIF II 16-bits data and the results from the document are from a GPIF II 32-bits.

I was wondering if I can just use the results and divide them by 2 to adapt them to my 16-bits GPIF II.

Thank you

Keven

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Keven,

Yes,  you are right. You can just divide the throughput results by 2 and adapt them to 16 bits.

I tested the throughput of the GpifToUsb firmware example provided in the FX3 SDK with both 32 bits as well as 16 bits GPIF. I have attached the snippets of the host application displaying throughput.

16 bit gpif.PNG32bit gpif.PNG

16 bits GPIF                                                                                              32 bits GPIF

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Keven,

Yes,  you are right. You can just divide the throughput results by 2 and adapt them to 16 bits.

I tested the throughput of the GpifToUsb firmware example provided in the FX3 SDK with both 32 bits as well as 16 bits GPIF. I have attached the snippets of the host application displaying throughput.

16 bit gpif.PNG32bit gpif.PNG

16 bits GPIF                                                                                              32 bits GPIF

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes

Perfect! Thank you for the confirmation 😁 

0 Likes