FX3 UVC CLASS WITH SDCARD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

I am using cyusb3035 fx3s and FX3 slavefifo firmware.the firmware is in vendor class.if i modified this to UVC class,can i store this UVC data(data coming from fpga+UVC headers) in the sdcard storage(p port to s port)?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Geetha,

How are you planning to read back the storage card? I assume that you want to store the image sensor data on the SD card, then why you want your device to act as a UVC class device. Your firmware has to load "fatfs" on the SD Card. Please refer to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs" firmware example.

Please note that if your device comes up as a mass storage device then host will itself load the file system on the SD Card.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

Yes you can store video data into the SD Card via storage port. You have to create a DMA channel from P Port to S port and also maintain the appropriate DMA buffer size so as avoid overflow.

-Regards

Abhinav

Hello abhinav,

In order to store this UVC data,sdcard needs file system for this?

we are planing to implement file system on the windows system?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

How are you planning to read back the storage card? I assume that you want to store the image sensor data on the SD card, then why you want your device to act as a UVC class device. Your firmware has to load "fatfs" on the SD Card. Please refer to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\storage_examples\cyfx3s_fatfs" firmware example.

Please note that if your device comes up as a mass storage device then host will itself load the file system on the SD Card.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes