Differenet IIC speed for WIN7 and WIN10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Boon
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

We use FPGA+CYUSB3014 for image capture and the register of camera are controlled by IIC port of CYUSB3014.

Recently we found that the speed of IIC is much lower in WIN 10 system than in WIN 7 system. Maybe more than ten times.

Any experience for this problem, please tell me the reason.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies
Boon
Level 1
Level 1

Saying IIC speed is lower may not be correct. For more than 3000 register settings, it can be finished in WIN 7 system. But in WIN 10 system, it takes 1 min. The delay time between each command is 1 ms. Image speed seems no obvious difference.

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

Are the register writes initiated from PC?

If yes, is it being done through vendor interface? If this is the case, please take a Wireshark USB trace and check where the delay occurs.

If vendor interface is being used, please let me know which driver you are using and its version number.

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes
Boon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hemanth,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, PC send the settings to CYUSB3014 throuth USB 3.0 port and then CYUSB3014 transmit them to camera through its IIC port.  

The version of driver is 1.2.3.20(2017/11/8).  What do you mean for  "vendor interface"?

Thanks

0 Likes
Hemanth
First like given First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi,

By vendor interface, I meant interface class of USB device. As you are using cyusb3 driver, it should be vendor class and that the device is not of UVC class.

Can you please take a Wireshark trace for both the cases - win7 as well as win10 and share?

Regards,

Hemanth
0 Likes