Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

USB superspeed peripherals Forum Discussions

Shafi
Level 3
First solution authored 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins
Level 3

Hi team,

After flashing firmware in SPI flash through control center, how to make Cx3 auto reset to re-enumerate as UVC device without unplugging the device. Any clue?

I am following Cypress Control center logic to update my device firmware. After updating firmware I wanted to make my device re-enumerate as UVC device without unplugging the device. Can you help me with an idea?

Thank you,

Shafi.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rashi_Vatsa
Moderator 5 likes given 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Hello,

As mentioned in my previous response, vendor command E0 should be sent once the programming is success

vc_e0.PNG

Please note that the snippet shared is for programming to I2C EEPROM, this will be applicable for the program to SPI Flash also.

Regards,
Rashi

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

I understand that you are using Control Center to program SPI Flash connected to FX3. And now you need to boot the device from SPI Flash without unplugging the device. Is my understanding correct?

If yes, this can be done as follows:

- Power cycle the device 

- The control center uses Fx3FlashProg example of Fx3 SDK to program the .img to SPI Flash. You can send a vendor command 0xE0 to reset the device after programming is successful. Please refer to readme.txt of USBFlashProg example of SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxflashprog). Please note that you should change the PMODE settings to SPI boot  before sending this vendor command, if not already set.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
Shafi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Rashi,

Yes your understanding is correct. Yes I am aware of that control center uses Fx3FlashProg example of Fx3 SDK to program the .img to SPI Flash. Thank you for reminding me. But can you tell me how can I send vendor command 0xE0 while it is programming SPI flash. What I mean is when programming of SPI flash is going on how can I send 0x0E command so that it can reset the device after programming.

Thank you,
Shafi.

0 Likes
Rashi_Vatsa

Hello,

As mentioned in my previous response, vendor command E0 should be sent once the programming is success

vc_e0.PNG

Please note that the snippet shared is for programming to I2C EEPROM, this will be applicable for the program to SPI Flash also.

Regards,
Rashi
0 Likes
Shafi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Rashi,

Thank you for the clarity.

Shafi.

0 Likes