Are there any way to ignore/filter embedded data(Data type:0x12) of MIPI CSI-2 by CX3?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shokc_1248111
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using CX3 RDK and  MIPI Sensor that has 2 lines embedded data soon after frame start.

Currently, MIPI IF is working and DMA get/commit buffer(CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer/CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer)

seems working.

However, there are embedde data on 1st packet of each frame when I check usb packet by protocol analyzer.

I would like to get only image data(RAW12/RAW10) by CyU3PDmaMultiChannelGetBuffer.

I asked sensor vendor how to disable embedded data output.

Their answer was "no way".

Since CX3's GPIF II state machine is fixed-function,

Are there any way to ignore/filter embedded data(Data type:0x12) by CX3 MIPI Rx block?

Thanks,

Shuji

0 Likes
1 Solution
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Shuji,

The embedded data on first packet of each frame is actually the metadata of the RAW video. It is used to convert RAW to RGB or other formats. Why do you want to remove that data?

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Shuji,

The embedded data on first packet of each frame is actually the metadata of the RAW video. It is used to convert RAW to RGB or other formats. Why do you want to remove that data?

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes