Using USB2.0 on CYUSB3065

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DGates
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked

Hello, I'm looking for some technical info concerning your CYUSB3065 device. In the datasheet I see that the device is USB 2.0 compatible and I'd like to know if that means it can communicate over the USB2.0 D+/D- lines only and if there are any band width restrictions when used in the USB2.0 only mode.

Looking forward to hearing back

0 Likes
1 Solution
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Developer Community.

CYUSB3065 is a superspeed (USB 3) peripheral controller used as a bridge between image sensor having MIPI interface and USB. 
CYUSB3065 is USB 2 compatible. It means that the CYUSB3065 can also work as a highspeed (USB 2) device over the D+/D- lines.

When used in USB 2 only mode, the maximum throughput CYUSB3065 can provide is ~40MBps,
Make sure the video bandwidth for USB 2< 35-40MBps.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AliAsgar
1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored 750 replies posted

Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting Infineon Developer Community.

CYUSB3065 is a superspeed (USB 3) peripheral controller used as a bridge between image sensor having MIPI interface and USB. 
CYUSB3065 is USB 2 compatible. It means that the CYUSB3065 can also work as a highspeed (USB 2) device over the D+/D- lines.

When used in USB 2 only mode, the maximum throughput CYUSB3065 can provide is ~40MBps,
Make sure the video bandwidth for USB 2< 35-40MBps.

Best Regards,
AliAsgar

0 Likes