Linux USB<>I2C driver for CY7C65211A

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm going to use USB to I2C CY7C65211A as generic I2C master device.

Is exist Linux driver with allow "see" CY7C65211A as usual I2C device?

This mean it will be listed by i2cdetect tool. Linux Kernel 4.x

Best regards,

Zbigniew

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Linux  does not need separate driver or library in CDC device class operation. Please use native Serial communication API's for accessing the CDC mode device. 

The Linux versions make use of the open source LibUsb library. Please download the "USB-Serial SDK for Linux platforms Zip  from the below link: 

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Linux  does not need separate driver or library in CDC device class operation. Please use native Serial communication API's for accessing the CDC mode device. 

The Linux versions make use of the open source LibUsb library. Please download the "USB-Serial SDK for Linux platforms Zip  from the below link: 

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this driver create /dev/i2c-xx node (for I2C mode)?

I assume that CY7C65211A is configured (mode, I2C speed) via Cypress USB-Serial Configuration Utility under Windows.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY7C65211A is configured as vendor I2C, it will come up as a vendor device under the list of USB devices. I do not think that it will comeup under i2c-xx node. Can you clarify the criteria for device to come under i2c-xx node ?Please check and confirm if you do see it in i2c-xx node

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received the development kit (CYUSBS234). Under Windows I configured it as USB-I2C bridge (I2C master mode) and run USB Serial Configuration Utility. All works correctly.

Under Linux I compiled CyUSBSerial_SDK_Linux.zip. It creates libcyusbserial.so and test program CyUSBSerialTestUtility.

Both works correctly, this means I can execute test utility and make USB-I2C transfer. But this software does not create /dev/i2c node. In my opinion it must be linux kernel module.

Question:

Is Cypress provide linux kernel module for CY7C65211 configured as USB-I2C bridge?

Best regards,

Zbigniew

0 Likes