EZUSB-FX2 firmware recovering

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
9875V
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello everyone ,

I'm currently working with an ezusb FX2 board and we are using an old firmware downloaded by the 32bits driver ezloader.sys i'm working on using the component with a 64bits processor. The problem is that i dont know how to get the firmware . I would like to read the ram of the component to retireve it after loading it in the board with the 32bits computer.  I will then load it using CyControlCenter on the 64bits computer if i can read the ram and get the firmware as an .hex maybe .

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

As per my understanding , ezloader is only used for firmware download. You need the hex file. It would not be possible to retrieve back the same file. Do you not have have the project/hex file now?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

As per my understanding , ezloader is only used for firmware download. You need the hex file. It would not be possible to retrieve back the same file. Do you not have have the project/hex file now?

0 Likes

i have the ezloader.sys loading the right firmware but i dont know how to get the hex file of the firmware( who is compiled into ezloader) as i don't have the source files of ezloader.

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think it will be possible to retrieve back the hex file that is already loaded.

0 Likes