CYUSB 3. SYS driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
HiMa_3794786
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

In order to use the CYPRESS product, CYUSB 3. SYS driver can be used as a commercial base by modifying CYUSB.inf?  

If possible, where is the text?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

If any modification is made to the INF file, the signature of the driver is lost and hence it cannot be installed on OS versions above Windows 8.1. So, the driver needs to be re-signed by Microsoft. Please refer to the driver resell process as I had mentioned in the previous response.

Best regards,

Srinath S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Please refer to Part two in the attached Cypress CyUsb3 Programmers Reference guide which explains how to add your custom VID/PID to the .inf file.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes
SrinathS_16
1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hello,

The CYUSB3 driver can be re-used with different VID/PID combinations and strings by modifying the INF file. The INF file is part of the FX3 SDK and the documentation relating to CYUSB3 driver resell is present in the CyUSB.PDF (also part of FX3 SDK).

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I know how to add a custom VID / PID to an .inf file.

According to the above document, we can copy, use, modify Cypress's source code, create derivative works, and use it commercially if used in combination with Cypress integrated circuits. Can we understand that it can be used without a license?

Best regards,

0 Likes

Hello,

If any modification is made to the INF file, the signature of the driver is lost and hence it cannot be installed on OS versions above Windows 8.1. So, the driver needs to be re-signed by Microsoft. Please refer to the driver resell process as I had mentioned in the previous response.

Best regards,

Srinath S

0 Likes