CY7C68013A Multiple Protocol Implementation (MSC & CDC)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
abdullahnasir
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello Everyone !

I have attached Flash Nands with my Controller and am using it as a usb(MSC)  drive. Is it possible to use uart protocol after enumeration has been done.

For example after having a certain file written or any file written to the flashes can we send a command or signal over the UART0 or UART1.

If yes then how?

If no then why?

Any help in this regard would highly be appreciated.

Regards,  

0 Likes
1 Solution
MallikaK_22
50 likes received 750 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

You need to configure the serial port registers for using UART. So, in your program, you should include those configurations.

Please check Chapter 14 in the FX2LP TRM for details: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EZ-USB_TECHNICAL_REFERENCE_MANUAL-AdditionalTechnicalInformat...

Regards,

Mallika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MallikaK_22

Hi,

You need to configure the serial port registers for using UART. So, in your program, you should include those configurations.

Please check Chapter 14 in the FX2LP TRM for details: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EZ-USB_TECHNICAL_REFERENCE_MANUAL-AdditionalTechnicalInformat...

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes
abdullahnasir
Level 1
Level 1
First like received 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Please try to understand , the problem here is to implement two protocols(USB & SERIAL) in paralllel,

For example  I have enumerated the controller as a USB MSC and it is working fine and behaving just like a normal usb flash drive and meanwhile on the other hand I want get an accknowlegdment of every operation performed  on my disk serially via uart.

Regards,

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

Hi,

How are you planning to program the NAND flashes? 

Please note that we have a NAND MFG utility for programming NAND. This might also help in knowing the status of your NAND flashes connected.

You may find the details in this thread: https://community.infineon.com/t5/USB-low-full-high-speed/Questions-about-quot-cy68013A-K9K8G08U0B-N...

Kindly let us know if this would suffice your requirements.

Regards,

Mallika

0 Likes

You seem to beat around the bush , I have clearly mentioned that I want to implement UART after my device has been enumerated as a MSD and general operations like read /write could be performed on it . But along with every operation performed by host like read/write a status should be sent at  uart indicating the status or transfer completion

0 Likes
MallikaK_22

How do you plan to read/write/program the NAND Flash?

0 Likes