usb3014 can not run with the slavefifo-16/32 mode normally

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear All:

I use the firmware which is the primal one SDK-beat3 in the folder of Cypress\FX3 SDK\firmware\slavefifo.The usb3014 which is connect to an external processor FPGA(cyclone III), sends data with a strange phenomenon. I have tried the data-sending on different PC environment( win7/XP32-bit and linux). At 32 bit GPIF data bus mode , first the PC sends data to usb3014, then usb3014 sends data to FPGA, but there are many little rising edges(data is sent at the high level)when usb3014 sends data to the FPGA( dmaSlFifoConfig.size = 1024). the situation can be seen on the attachment-picture(USB3014_32bit_USB_OUT_TO_FPGA.JPG).On the picture , the high electrical level stands for data-sending. At 16 bit GPIF data bus mode, usb3014 can not send data to FPGA. 

The other attachment picture(USB_OUT_2.PNG) is a lager image of USB3014_32bit_USB_OUT_TO_FPGA.JPG

thanks!

lis

0 Likes
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Rephrasing your question,

The same setup can send/receive data properly to FPGA in 32-bit GPIF mode and does not send/receive any data when setup in 16-bit GPIF mode. Is my understanding right?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi aasi,

In general right,  with the same setup, USB can send/receive data  to FPGA in 32-bit GPIF mode and does not send any data when setup in 16-bit GPIF mode. But in 32-bit GPIF mode, the data-sending has a strange phenomenon which could be seen on the attachment-pinture. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It must be due to buffer switching, the FLAG will also be high when the DMA engine is switching to the next available buffer for the FIFO being written.This is done to avoid loss of data.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi aasi,    

Thanks for your answer!

But If it is due to buffer switching, why data can not be sent to FPGA in 16-bit GPIF mode? Is there another factor for this phenomenon?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,aasi

CYUSB3014-BZXIES

1107      8

This is the number on the usb3014 chip which i am using, I want to know if this version of the usb3014chip could work rugularly in slavefifo 32/16-bit GPIF mode?

The PC environment is win7/XP32-bit or linux. At the same time, I do not think it is due to buffer switching, because when USB3014 sends incrementing data to FPGA, the sending-data is not correct.

It is important for me to use usb3014 in slavefifo mode.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From the previous responses my understanding was that in 32-bit mode the data is being received properly. If this is not the case, what is the type of corruption being seen, when you hook up the logic analyzer do you see FX3 sending the right data or not?

For 16-bit mode which firmware you using and what are the modifications made? What is the clock frequency being used?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi assi,

thanks for your help!

The data is not correct when i use the logic analyzer to see FX3 sending data to FPGA, the pclk-clock on the usb3014 which i use is 60MHz, i think the clock is in principle.

i just use the primary firmware and do not make any modifications. Had a discussion with our guys, we are eager to know if this version chip is OK in slavefifo mode~ Is there a bug on this version chip?

lis

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

These firmware and well tested and used by quite a lot of engineers at this point of time. I'm not sure as to why you're facing this issue. Please create a tech support case (MyAccount -> MyCases) so that one of engineers can look into this issue.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi assi,

Thanks for your help~   

I have  created a tech support case about this issue to the engineers for help~    

0 Likes