usb serial Debugger Drivers couldnt be detected

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have connected CYUSB3KIT-003  micro-USB 2.0 cable to the PC, but drivers have not installed automatically. I have even tried to setup the drivers manually, but I couldn't able to run the setup file.  

I could able to see the port info in USB control centre (as shown in the attachment), but it's not visible in device manager list . Please let me know, how to resolve this

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please try running the driver setup file in administrator mode.

Regards,

-Madhu Sudhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

Yes, I already did. Unfortunately still no response 😞

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to uninstall the driver from the Vendor 1 and Vendor 2 instance in the device manager.(Right click-> uninstall & select "delete driver" checkbox) Currently the interfaces are binding to wrong driver instance, this maybe because you tried to bind it to different instance. Make sure that no driver is still binded. Next, please install the driver step up file named "CypressDriverInstaller_1.exe"  from the following link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/usb-serial-software-development-kit

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Nishant,

I have tried the above procedure you suggested, but unfortunately I am still facing the same problem. There is no USB serial port in COM port section and No USB serial device in USB serial controller section. I have manually uninstalled the vendor 1, vendor 2 and vendor MFG(with delete driver selected)  and ran the *exe file. I could see again the same vendor related device drivers in the list(see the attachment).

I seriously don't understand the problem. I am struck with this issue. Could you please let me know, what else could be the reason for this issue?

Regards,

Mohan Kumar Kotgire

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please try manually installing the driver using the *.inf file?

Regards,

-Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already did that, no response yet

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have tried connecting a new fx3 board to my PC then the serial port drivers got installed automatically. Now I doubt there might be a problem with JTAG serial port of my Fx3 board.  

Regards,

Mohan Kumar

0 Likes