slave sync mode with serial interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi all

Here I am using FX3 kit and my application is command based acquisition using USB 3.0, I need Slave sync fifo mode for 32 bit data transfer and serial interface for command receiving through SPI / I2C / UART. Is it possible to use both interfaces at a time, and where I can find such SDK.

Plese help me

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Soumen,

If you want to FX3 communicates with PC, you could use EP0 through USB control transfer or other bulk/ISOC/Interrupt endponit.

I am not sure why do you want to use I2C/UART. Do you mean you will use USB to I2C/UART bridge to connect FX3 with host?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

You could refer to the slave FIFO example along with SDK.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-usb-fx3-software-development-kit

Also you could refer to AN65974. SPI interface will not be available when you transfer data with 32-bit data bus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for reply

How I can receive data from host though UART or I2C  at the same time I am sending data to host through 32 bit parallel bus in slave sync fifo mode.

what is the consumer and producer end point numbers for UART and I2C data transfer along with slave sync fifo mode in the

firm ware downloaded from AN65974

0 Likes

Hi Soumen,

If you want to FX3 communicates with PC, you could use EP0 through USB control transfer or other bulk/ISOC/Interrupt endponit.

I am not sure why do you want to use I2C/UART. Do you mean you will use USB to I2C/UART bridge to connect FX3 with host?

0 Likes