send a message to screen from fx3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am new with the Cypress EZ USB FX3. What I want to do is to send simple messages on the state of the board into the computer ( I want to use Tera Term for example and what I wanted to do is to use the BootLedBlink example and add a simple counter to the program just to show me how much time I clicked on the switch to light the led but I have no idea how to do this )

Would you please help me and tell me which function could send messages to the sceen ( is there a thing like printf ?  I found "CyU3PDebugPrint" but I don't know how it works ) 

Help

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of platform are you using? Your own design, the CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ SuperSpeed Explorer Kit, or something else? (It all depends a little on how the UART lines are hooked up).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the CYUSB3KIT-003 EZ-USB® FX3™ in fact

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case the FX3's UART lines are hooked up to the debug chip on that development board.
And that debug chip will route everything your write to the UART to that chip's serial-to-USB port.
This is all nicely explained in chapter 3.7.1 of the Superspeed Explorer Kit User Guide.
See: http://www.cypress.com/file/133836/download

0 Likes