can't write to P-port databus from FX3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Sirs,

I connected GPIF databus to LEDs for viewing data, and I wrote firmware to pass data on P-port (GPIFII). But there are not data. Use of CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords() API, sockets is unsuccessful. I just want drive data on databus now, but It doesn't work. I use Master Asynch mode without input signal. What is wrong?

Also, I tried RSKV's example GPIF_EXAMPLE2.zip, but when I program FX3 device, the device is not recognized, and usbview.exe doesn't see any device.

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I ran RSKV's example GPIF_EXAMPLE2.zip ("Master Device"), and I changed transition equation expression from (OUT_REG0_VALID&(Writeflag)) to (OUT_REG0_VALID) of transition between IDLE and WRITE_START states, because I can't pass writeflag signal.

I connected LEDs to databus outside FX3 GPIF. I program the firmware, but LEDs don't light up. I just want always pass some value to databus, for example 0xFFFFFFFF, to light up LEDs.

I attached my project (it contains little changes in contrast  RSKV's Master Device of GPIF_EXAMPLE).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And how to implement state machine to continuously drive same data.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have known that GPIO located in Interface Definition window are driven normally. But if I use and override unallocated GPIO and set value it by function CyU3PGpioSimpleSetValue it doesn't work. And CyU3PGpifWriteDataWords(...) doesn't work.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry, everything works fine. It was a hardware mistake.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for posting 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing the same problem with the data bus. I tried using your example but it didn't work either. What was the hardware problem you were facing? Or how did you make it work? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes