Windows 8 ivy bridge I7 onboard intel USB3.0 operating system tells that device is connected through high speed but device is connected in superspeed

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

does anybody know why the OS win 8 64bit is telling device supports higher speed at a SS PORT. Althoug the device is connected to FX3 through USB3 SS port and device is signalling SS speed with the SDK function CyU3PUsbGetSpeed?

The FX3 uses in this case I2C bootloader with fallback. First the bootloader of I2C is executed and then this bootloader connects through superspeed and on the SS way the final application firmware file will be uploaded through vendor request and then re connects to super speed. 

Thanks

lumpi

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

I did not get your question clearly. Could you please explain it little more...

"does anybody know why the OS win 8 64bit is telling device supports higher speed at a SS PORT. Althoug the device is connected to FX3 through USB3 SS port and device is signalling SS speed with the SDK function CyU3PUsbGetSpeed?"

Are you saying that FX3 device is enumerating in High-speed even though you connected it to a SS port?

Are you questioning about the usage of CyU3PUsbGetSpeed API?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

the connection is superspeed and the usb analyser also shows just superspeed transfers. But OS Win 8 is telling after plug in, that the device supports higher speed on a superspeed port. That is how I wonder, hardware tells itis SS but OS not! I am booting from bootloader stored in I2C EEPROM.

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lumpi,

What firmware are you using?

Did you check descriptors in Control Center? Are you able to see BOS descriptor?

-PRJI

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi PRJI,

I am using my own application which runs very long time well on windows 7 32 and 64 bit. It also runs well under Windows 8 but the operating system shows the appended popup.

I may can share a usb trace if you give me your email address?

thanks,

lumpi

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is this behaviour seen across multiple Windows 8 systems or is it with just a specific system? Is it possible for you to test in multiple Win 8 (Intel Ivy also) systes and let us know if it seen across systems? 

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes