Want to hire: expert for CX3/FX3 for determining clock/color format for 1440 x 1440 @ 90FPS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are out of our league. Can't figure out how to send OV4688's 1440 x 1440 @ 90 FPS over the bus to the CX3 at full 90 FPS. Using just 8 bits of the CX3's GPIF, with what little I know about clock values, it seems like I wouldn't be able to send more than about 42 FPS. If I could somehow use all 24 bits of the GPIF, I might be able to capture all 90 FPS.

I'm willing to pay decent $ (depends on how you look at it), for somebody to work with me directly and help me figure out some of this black-magic clock and color format voodoo for the CX3. I'll eventually figure it out, but why waste my time when you experts know this stuff inside & out?

🙂

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cypress2_2922601

Let me discuss about your case.

Seems that cx3 GPIF II spec not allowed to use over 48 fps in your image sensor.

Cypress restrict the pclk under the 100MHz, therefore when you want to send

1440 x 1440 x 90 (fps) frame in 1sec, it is totally need about 186MHz pclk.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe 48fps is the maximum I could transfer if the GPIF bus were set to 8 bits. I am hoping I can triple-up the data gathering and use 24bits on the GPIF, and thus be able to achieve the desired 90 FPS? This is the bit I am unsure about and need an expert to understand if the CX3 can do this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

never mind. figured it out.

0 Likes