Multi DMA configuration error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AvC_4590276
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Readers,

In DmaMultiChannelConfiguration it is possible to have two producer PIB socket and CY_U3P_CPU_SOCKET_CONS as consumer socket.

when we are trying the above configuration, we are getting configuration error.

but when i tried UIB socket as consumer socket it is working fine

0 Likes
1 Solution
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For a DmaMultiChannelConfiguration, it is not possible to have the CPU socket as a Producer or consumer. The only possible Producer and consumers for DmaMultiChannelConfiguration are : UIB, SIB, PIB and the LPP Blocks. If CPU socket is used as a producer or consumer in DmaMultiChannelConfiguration, then the API CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate will return error code 64 (0x40) indicating Bad Argument.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
JayakrishnaT_76
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hello,

For a DmaMultiChannelConfiguration, it is not possible to have the CPU socket as a Producer or consumer. The only possible Producer and consumers for DmaMultiChannelConfiguration are : UIB, SIB, PIB and the LPP Blocks. If CPU socket is used as a producer or consumer in DmaMultiChannelConfiguration, then the API CyU3PDmaMultiChannelCreate will return error code 64 (0x40) indicating Bad Argument.

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes

Hi Jayakrishna,

I have taken UVC (AN75779) as a reference design. in which I have changed the UVC descriptor to USB descriptor (0X83 IN Endpoint) and Using the same GPIF interface.

FPGA is connected to the FX3 through the GPIF interface. From FPGA I am sending counter data 2712 bytes/line and 10848 bytes/frame to the FX3 at 40MHZ speed.

when I am reading the data from the host, I am getting backflow error and DMA commit error because of that I am getting loss of some frame and some data less than the actual frame size(less than 10848).

Please suggest what can I try to resolve the DMA commit and backflow error.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello,

The discussion for your question in response 2 can be done in the following thread:

commit error and back flow error in UVC AN75779

Best Regards,

Jayakrishna

Best Regards,
Jayakrishna
0 Likes