(Linux)EZ USB Suite loose toolchain configurations after restart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cypress Community,

I have some problem with EZ USB IDE on Linux,
On fresh install, I'm able to create/import projects and compile it,
But if I restart workstation, IDE loose connection with toolchain and libraries and I'm not able to build project.
Work around that I found is to delete all folders (IDE folder and SDK folder) and install it again. after this IDE is working again until next restart.

May be someone have solution for this because it's annoying to reinstall SDK after each restart.

Regards,  
Sergiu

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello srdr​,

I have done some test and another solution to fix my problem is to declare FX3_INSTALL_PATH, ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH and ARMGCC_VERSION as global build variables (Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Build  > Build Variables) in EzUSB IDE ( see printscreen in attachment).

After this step I got only  "/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found" error. To fix It I followed instruction from your answer (Check out this: 1. FAQ​)

Best Regards!
Sergiu

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

1.Can you post the errors notified in the console tab?

2.Have you checked the tool chain settings before and after the re-start?

3.Do you have any other softwares installed in the same PC which uses the other tool chains?

4. Are you facing the same problem in any other PCs?

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi srdr,

Here I attached errors from console.

Regarding toolchain settings before and after restart, It's look similar (I took screenshots and compare it).
I have 2 another tools which is based on eclipse, but I think it doesn't influence each other because other two software works fine.
I can't test it on another PC because I only have a linux machine, but I will install Virtual Machine with Fedora to see if problem appear again.

0 Likes

It looks like the other tool chain might be influencing the SDK tool chian path.

Check out this: 1. FAQ

2. Eclipse Community Forums: C / C++ IDE (CDT) » arm-none-eabi-gcc not found

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi srdr​,
Thanks for your support!

On another PC, with same setup, I had similar problem.
Also I had to change all relative paths to absolute to link project to all includes.

Regards!

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello srdr​,

I have done some test and another solution to fix my problem is to declare FX3_INSTALL_PATH, ARMGCC_INSTALL_PATH and ARMGCC_VERSION as global build variables (Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Build  > Build Variables) in EzUSB IDE ( see printscreen in attachment).

After this step I got only  "/bin/sh: arm-none-eabi-gcc: command not found" error. To fix It I followed instruction from your answer (Check out this: 1. FAQ​)

Best Regards!
Sergiu