GPIO[32:30]: After boot-up, these signals can be used as GPIOs ...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I'm referring to the statement

"GPIO[32:30] (PMODE[2:0]) signals should be configured appropriately at FX3 boot-up. After boot-up, these signals can be used as GPIOs." i

which can be found in the "GPIF II Interface" section in AN70707

Trying to use these GPIO, I either end up in CY_U3P_ERROR_BAD_ARGUMENT when trying to enable them as simple GPIO during CyU3PDeviceConfigureIOMatrix or in CY_U3P_ERROR_NOT_CONFIGURED when trying to override them later. I found some "dirty tricks" with writing own API functions to solve that issue, but I think there must be an "official" way through the API to use those pins as GPIO, after all it is mentioned in AN70707. How is it done?

Regards

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since these pins are used for boot detection, you should override the pins just before you use them. Use CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride(..).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried to do this.

It works well for GPIO #30 and #31, but for #32 it fails:

CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride(32, CyTrue) returns CY_U3P_SUCCESS, but the subsequent CyU3PGpioSetSimpleConfig() statement to use GPIO #32 as input (exactly the same parameters as earlier succesfully applied to the other two) results in error CY_U3P_ERROR_NOT_CONFIGURED.

Is #32 different?

...  // GPIO: Initialisation of single simple GPIO void GpioSingleSimpleInit(uint8_t gpioId,               CyU3PGpioSimpleConfig_t *pGpioConfig,               CyBool_t doOverride) {     if (doOverride == CyTrue) {      AssertApiRetStatus("CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride", CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride(gpioId, CyTrue));     }     AssertApiRetStatus("CyU3PGpioSetSimpleConfig", CyU3PGpioSetSimpleConfig(gpioId, pGpioConfig)); }  ...      // Configure inputs without interrupts     gpioConfig.outValue = CyTrue;              // Not required, default     gpioConfig.driveLowEn = CyFalse;           // Driving output high disabled     gpioConfig.driveHighEn = CyFalse;          // Driving output low disabled     gpioConfig.inputEn = CyTrue;               // Input stage is enabled     gpioConfig.intrMode = CY_U3P_GPIO_NO_INTR; // No interrupt used for static inputs      GpioSingleSimpleInit(GPI_PMODE0,         &gpioConfig, CyTrue); // #30     GpioSingleSimpleInit(GPI_PMODE1,         &gpioConfig, CyTrue); // #31     GpioSingleSimpleInit(GPI_PMODE2,         &gpioConfig, CyTrue); // #32, CyU3PGpioSetSimpleConfig() fails with CY_U3P_ERROR_NOT_CONFIGURED  ... 
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

In meantime, I got a solution to this issue through "MyCase". According to support the issue with GPIO[32] will be solved in next SDK release (they have a patch right now).

0 Likes